FCCB Virtual choir instructions & sing-along video
Deadline for uploading Volume 2 video
SUNDAY, JUNE 21
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
SING-ALONG VIDEO (VOLUME 2):
or go to the following site:
SHEET MUSIC AND PRACTICE RECORDINGS:
(all this is covered in the video at the top of the page, but in case it's helpful in text form, read on!)
THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
1. A cell phone with a camera to take the movie of yourself ("Device #1")
2. A second device ("Device #2") with access to the internet (cell phone, tablet, computer) to listen to the singalong video while you film yourself with Device #1.
3. Headphones to listen to the recording on electronic Device #2
4. A quiet place with a solid background in which to film yourself
5. A steady place to set your cell phone camera to film yourself (examples include propped against a book, a tripod, or having a friend hold it steadily for you)
SET-UP & PRACTICE:
Go to the spot you decided was good for filming (quiet and solid background). Bring both your cellphone and Device #2.
Turn on Device #2. Attach your headphones. Put them over one ear so you both hear the video and yourself singing. Open up the sing-along movie and press play. When you hear the prompt "1-2-3-4-clap!" make sure to clap on the cue, this will make it easier to synchronize the video.
Practice singing along with the video while listening in your headphones.
Orient Device #1 (your cell phone) with the screen vertically (portrait orientation) and place it propped against a book or in the tripod so you are in the video window. Make sure we can see from your belly button up to the top of your head.
Go to the sing-along video for for the song you wish to record.
Start filming! First start recording on Device #1 (your phone should show a timer and a little red dot to confirm it's filming), then press PLAY on the singalong video on Device #2. Remember to clap along with the cue!
Sing along with the video through the end of the song. Be sure to pause for a few seconds after the end of the song.
Upload your video using the link above. Sometimes it takes a couple tries, so keep going until you get a confirmation that it has uploaded.